Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life in Moderation

So I started writing my first post for this blog, and it got pretty long winded. Seemed like it defeated the mantra of the name, Life in Moderation.

My original intention for the domain was to set up a site to address my aversion to people that [insert verb] too much and then wonder why they are dealing with the after effects. If you eat more calories than your body burns in a day, you're going to gain weight. If you spend all your money on clothes and shoes and stop paying your mortgage, the bank's going to foreclose all over your parade. Aside from all the B&Ming there may have been some healthy recipes or something, who knows. I came to realize that the site would have majorly lacked content, so I waited.

Three months late and I finally came to realize what I should do with the domain name. After my family's trip to the farmer's market in Ybor City and part of the afternoon spent setting up my wife's herb garden, it hit me like a sack of potatoes! Life in Moderation is going to be a blog documenting me and my family's adventures (and misadventures) of getting into shape (physically and mentally) and attempting to live off the land as much as possible in the middle of the Tampa Bay Area.

Just to clarify, I'm not big on this whole "green" thing that's been creeping into everyone's vocabulary lately. It's too damn trendy for me and I have mixed feelings about certain facets of the lifestyle (expect a post on those grocery store "green" bags eventually). So don't expect me to give up on my charcoal grill to lower my carbon footprint or giving up meat for the good of the planet or anything like that. My greater purpose here is to stick it to the grocery stores. Far too long have I overpaid for under-caliber fruits and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment