Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Planning meals around leftover ingredients


Something we've been trying really hard to do is use any and all ingredients we've bought at the store and not throwing any of them away. From our pizza night we were able to make a Chicken Cordon Bleu dish to use some more of the Fontina and the rest of the prosciutto. After that my wife made fried chicken with a little bit of the Fontina on top. Tomorrow night is black beans (first time from dried beans and not doctored up from the can). There's still a bit of Fontina left and that's been rationed out as a topping for my wife on the beans (I'm not a fan of the cheese on the beans myself). So yeah, we've been coming up with some new and interesting ideas by just using what we have. Thus far nothing's been horrible (been too much cheese for me, personally) and with some further tweaking we may end up with some brand new dishes in our repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment