Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recovering from drinking around the world at EPCOT on my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, and I wanted to drink around the world in EPCOT. The challenge was 11 drinks starting at 11 am. Come to find out, there's an additional "outpost" bringing the number up to 12. That's for next year though, I only made it to 10, and I'm attempting to recap from memory, which is fairly fuzzy as of mid-afternoon yesterday:

  1. Canada: Skipped, too early for Moosehead
  2. United Kingdom: Boddington's on tap, 20oz (this was a mistake later on, as my stomach can only hold so much liquid)
  3. France: Kronenbourg 1664 (12oz)
  4. Morocco: Casa Beer (12oz) with lunch at Marrakech
  5. Japan: Aged Sake, can't remember the name (2-3oz)
  6. America: Seasonal Budweiser Brew, draft, not sure of the size
  7. Italy: Lemon slushie thing
  8. Germany: Red Wine (2-3oz) and a picture with the guy in lederhosen (mistake, should have had beer in Germany, but was seriously good wine)
  9. Outpost Pavilion (Walt apparently didn't feel that Africa should be properly represented in the World Showcase) I was going to get a drink here, but it was taking too long, I was way too drunk to be waiting in line. On a side note, the entire Sherman tribe rocked out on the drums...
  10. China: Very full at this point, went for a smaller portion in the Plum wine (2-3oz)
  11. Norway: Beer of some sort, not sure what size
  12. Mexico: Dos Equis, not sure what size.
Needless to say, my birthday rocked. We ended up on a drunken shopping spree in downtown Disney after I tried to sober up with some yummy McDonald's cheese burgers (always better when you're drunk). My wife was very accommodating to say the least. No one was hurt, except my wallet and I'm still surprised that I didn't need to purge at all. Granted I did end up needing to pee at just about every country past Japan.

In hindsight, this attempt at drinking around the world wasn't very planned. I mean, we knew where we were going, but it would have been better served by planning out what to drink along the way and not getting anything too large. There's already talks or trying it again on my wife's birthday (her this time, not me) and I'm already planning for February 23rd, 2010 when I will be drinking around the world, and then some (+1 for the Outpost Pavilion). I'll just have to keep training until then ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment