Monday, February 9, 2009

Sprouts, Sprouts, Sprouts

I ordered the Kid's Sprout Kit from SproutPeople.com. It appears to be the same kit I saw on GardensAlive.com today, but it comes with 4 packets of seeds for just about the same price (61 cents different, pfft). If you're wondering why I selected the kid's kit as a 27 year old "adult", it's because I didn't want to completely inundated with sprouts at all times. It's two tiered and we should be able to grow a single tier at a time if need be, and the size of each tray seems to be a decent size to have sprouts available for a couple of meals and not be wasteful. I also ordered a 1 pound sack of mung beans (your most common bean sprout) because the Sprout People discourage single item purchases unless they come off of a certain list. I didn't inquire why that is, but I'm assuming it's to help keep their own costs down in some way. At any rate, the kit should be here next Monday, and we should be enjoying sprouts by my birthday (the Monday after)! After that, I'm hoping to have a post documenting the process from the initial set up to harvest time.

2 comments:

  1. how much u pay for doamin .com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assuming you're asking about lifeinmoderation.com, I pay 15 US$ per year for the domain. I use directnic.com for all of my domain buying needs.

    ReplyDelete