Friday, February 20, 2009

Recipe: Cucumber Salad with Alfalfa Sprouts

So we've had more sprouts than we've known what to do with this week, so I've been getting inventive. Peanut butter and sprouts was a pretty significant failure, but I felt my cucumber salad turned out exceptional. It's a take on a recipe that my mother used to make, with the addition of sprouts and some fresh herbs (something I don't remember too much of growing up):

Ingredients:
  • 1/5 peeled cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 2-3 green onions, chopped
  • A small handful (6 or so) of cherry tomatoes, chopped
  • A small bunch of alfalfa sprouts (1/4 cup-ish)
  • A sprig of fresh basil, rough chopped
  • 2-3 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
  • 2-3 Tbsp of sour cream
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Combine ingredients in a bowl
  2. Cover and refrigerate
  3. Enjoy!

It's a pretty single recipe that packs a lot of fresh / cool flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment