Wednesday, February 11, 2009

They finally dried out!

After about 10 days or so of not watering my plants, the tomatoes finally dried out. I waited a bit longer than I wanted to and some did start to wilt. I know that's frowned upon by some, but I figured I need to experience truly dry plants to make sure I understand when I need to water them. The peppers and pomegranates are still pretty moist, I'm expecting the peppers to need watering in another day or so. Back to watering, I did get a meter last weekend to test the amount of light, wetness and pH balance of the soil. best 8 bucks I could have spent. I took some wetness readings from the plants and can test the next couple of weeks until I finally have a grasp of when to water without using the crutch. Tomatoes are looking perking now, but I did find a beetle near one of my tomato plants. I don't think he was on the plant per se, and there was no sign of damage. Later this evening I'll be going out and inspecting to see if any critters decide to sneak in after sundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment